Charming New England antique colonial with lots of character,spacious rooms thou out,beautiful hardwood floors,vintage period moulding’s updates,electrical,windows,pergola with a fan and tv.koi pond,fenced in yard,farmers porch,great plantings ginkgo and mimosa trees.
If you are looking for ways to increase the value of your home, then there are some simple guidelines to follow, as well as a few projects you may want to consider avoiding altogether. Depending on the region, a particular home remodel has the potential to make or break a potential sale.
Swimming Pools – Homes with swimming pools generally do better in the warmer states, where they can be seen as a welcome addition during the hottest months. However, a home in New England that has a pool is increasingly likely to be viewed as a headache. Maintenance costs, family safety, and seasonal accessibility make this addition one that is in reality more likely to hurt the chances of being able to sell your home quickly. Not to say that you shouldn’t have a pool if you have your heart set on it. Just don’t count on it making your house more appealing. If you already have a pool, then try to sell your home in the spring or summer, when the pool is in use. This will help potential buyers see the benefit of the addition, without reminding them of the headaches associated with upkeep.
Koi ponds and indoor aquariums – These items, while beloved to a homeowner, may turn off a buyer who isn’t interested in being a pet owner. There aren’t a lot of uses for an aquarium installed in a wall for someone who doesn’t like the idea of having fish. Similarly, koi ponds on the property have the capability of turning off an owner that doesn’t necessarily want to have a portion of their backyard dedicated to a project that they have no interest in taking over.
Converting garages and second bedrooms – While these renovations generally arise from necessity, they can hurt your resale value in the future. Garage space is fairly desirable these days, and especially so in cold climates that deal with large amount of snow. Converting a garage in New England isn’t generally a good idea unless you absolutely need the space. This is also true in the cases of converting second and third bedrooms into office spaces. While a new buyer may consider at a later date to convert an extra bedroom into an office space, they may not want to have the option forced on them. Most of the time, a two-bedroom house with an office will remain on the market longer than a three-bedroom house.
Fireplaces – They can be beautiful, yes, but fireplaces are quickly falling out of favor with buyers, and are increasingly being seen as a messy addition to a home. In 2009, a consumer preference survey from the Nation Association of Home Builders ranked fireplaces as No. 1 on a list of what NAR called “Home Fads That Are Falling Out of Style.” Not to say that fireplaces don’t have a market. Many people are still looking for homes that contain one or even two. But installing a fireplace in an existing home can be very expensive, and the return on your investment wouldn’t be that great.
Scituate MA Listing AlertsScituate, MA - $1,175,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:26 hours agoScituate, MA - $249,900 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:19 hours agoScituate, MA - $429,900 - Single-Family - Cape, Gambrel - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Scituate, MA - $479,900 - Single-Family - Victorian, Antique - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Cohasset MA Listing AlertsCohasset, MA - $449,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/15 hours agoCohasset, MA - $2,550,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/15 hours agoCohasset, MA - $1,650 - Commercial - Year Built:1972 - Acres:18 hours agoCohasset, MA - $3,300 - Commercial - Year Built:1972 - Acres:18 hours ago
Hingham MA Listing AlertsHingham, MA - $1,049,000 - Single-Family - Antique - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:26 hours agoHingham, MA - $509,900 - Single-Family - Garrison - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:26 hours agoHingham, MA - $284,900 - Land - Acres:10.228 hours agoHingham, MA - $494,900 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:29 hours ago
- Easy Money, High Interest June 17, 2013Homebuilder Michael Solimando had already poured his own money and sweat equity into a Scituate project where he was planning to build 14 luxury townhomes, creating a marina on South River and driving the piles to prepare for construction, when the money ran out. […]
- Obama Visits, Lost Pug Found June 16, 2013The following were the top articles on South End Patch from June 10 to June 14, 2013: Obama Makes Surprise Appearance in South End The President of the United States stopped by Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe for lunch on Wednesday afternoon. […]
- Blueberry cake with streusel topping June 13, 2013Jane Connelly of Scituate sent this cake into the Recipe Box Project, for Globe readers to share their favorite dishes. […]
- Missing South End Pug Found in Scituate June 13, 2013The dog that went missing on Tuesday in the South End has been found and was reunited with his owner. […]
- Easy Money, High Interest June 17, 2013
- to Research Cloud-based Workflows &... June 19, 2013June 20, 2013...Cloud computing is making strong inroads in the print production software market as it delivers radical benefits for print service providers, software vendors and end-users. […]
- Cupcake Charlie's Up for Best Cupcakes in New England June 18, 2013Cupcake Charlie's has become synonymous for tasty treats in Plymouth and Cape Cod and has expanded to several new locations, including Patiot Place in Foxborough. […]
- Attleboro-Based Ice Cream Company Expands June 18, 2013An Attleboro-based all natural ice cream company has brought its sweet new flavors to Weymouth. […]
- Hingham police ask for help in finding man who allegedly tried to run down officer June 16, 2013Hingham police are asking for the public's help in finding a man they say tried to run down a police officer with a truck and crashed into another vehicle before escaping on foot, according to the Hingham Police Department. […]
- to Research Cloud-based Workflows &... June 19, 2013
- Checkout Lane: Air conditioning tune-up can save you sweat, cash June 11, 2013It's time to crank up the old AC. And whether you have wall units or central air conditioning, getting the most efficiency from your system may require some professional service. […]
- Ford Middle School has accomplishments of musical note June 7, 2013For the first time in more than a decade, Acushnet was represented at the Southeast District Music Festival. […]
- Cape Cod Baseball League signs Rockland Trust as sponsor June 6, 2013Rockland Trust is hoping New England's springboard to baseball stardom can also be a springboard to increased exposure among potential Cape Cod customers. […]
- Abington Man Targeted By Kidnapping Scam With New Twist May 30, 2013According to Rockland and Abington Police there have been a number of reports of people receiving phone calls on their cell phones and being told their children have been kidnapped. […]
- Checkout Lane: Air conditioning tune-up can save you sweat, cash June 11, 2013